Community Center • Overview
1777 S. Blanchard Rd., Wheaton, IL
(corner of Blanchard & Naperville)
Weekdays: 5am-10 pm
Sunday: 8am-6 pm
New Year’s Day: Closed
Memorial Day: 7am-1pm
Fourth of July: 7am-1pm
Labor Day: 7am-1pm
Christmas Eve: 7am-1pm
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year’s Eve: 7am-1pm
The GO Card is available for purchase at this facility. Find out why parents love the GO Card >
The Wheaton Park District Community Center is dedicated to providing a safe, inviting, accessible, and well-maintained facility that meets the recreational, educational, and social needs of its patrons.
The Wheaton Park District Community Center is 122,000 square foot recreation center located on the south side of Wheaton. The Community Center houses Parks Plus Fitness Center, a 7,500 square foot fitness center, as well as several meeting rooms and specialty rooms. Services offered at the Community Center include: program registration, pass membership sales, Kidz Kingdom Childcare, discount movie ticket sales, room rental opportunities, open gym, and indoor track.
Recreational Programs & Activity Space
For a complete lis of programs currently offered, please refer to a current program guide.
| Adult Education, Recreation & Travel
| After School/Weekend Programs
|| League Sports|
|| Martial Arts|
| Aquatics|| Nature & Animals|
| Creative Arts|| Preschool|
| Dance|| Summer Camps|
Local and area groups and individuals find the meeting rooms and rental rates to be attractive and practical for seminars, in-service training programs, parties, and other social gatherings. The theatre/group meeting room and eight meeting rooms are available for rental on an hourly basis. For more information you may download the Room Rentals Brochure (194.1kb PDF), or call 630-690.4880.
Paid Open Gym
Click here to view Paid Open Gym procedures, fees and a current schedule.
Prairie Path Indoor Track
The Wheaton Park District welcomes patrons to use the Prairie Path Indoor Track free of charge. For more information on track etiquette guidelines and hours of operation, please download the Prairie Path Indoor Track Guide.
A shower chair is available for use for any person with a disability. Please ask the front desk staff about the use of the chair or call 630-690-4880.
Studio Movie Grill: $7.50/per ticket
AMC: $7.50/per ticket. Tickets are valid at AMC Theaters on movies in release for 10 days or longer
Regal: $7.50/per ticket. Tickets are valid at Regal Theaters on movies in release for 12 days or longer.
Implemented Process Improvements
Based on the Wheaton Park District/Butler Street Community Center Customer Service Survey Feedback
We assure you that we’re taking your feedback into account as we build strategies for customer service improvements and program development. We are always looking for ways to improve your experience with the park district; thanks to your responses we have already taken the following actions:
- Conducted a Community Center Process Review to observe quantity and types of requests, observe processes, and look for patterns of success and failure.
- Striving for First Call Resolution with the implementation of One Note folders which allow customer service team members access to program and event communications or updates.
- Introduced the Rainout Line website, allowing patrons to check field conditions or cancelations online, via text alert, or by downloading the Android or iPhone App. In the future this website may be used to update the status of facility closures, ice conditions, cross country skiing, swim lessons etc.
- Implemented a new customer service training program for Community Center staff.
- “Greening” our communication when possible by having summer camp forms and manuals sent electronically, as well as available on the web for download